This is an excellent opportunity for someone with lean project management experience to join an employee owned, employee focused, Certified B corporation that is unlike any other! This is a stable, growing company where you will enjoy benefits starting day 1, advancement opportunities, a culture of giving, and so much more. And as an employee owner, everything you do adds to the bottom line and ultimately affects your retirement income.
KeHE Distributors, LLC, a leading distributor of natural and organic food products, is searching for a Lean Initiatives Project Manager.
This role requires travel between three distribution facilities on the west coast: Stockton, CA; Chino, CA; and Portland, OR. The ideal candidate will be located in or near these areas.
If you have at least 2 years of experience managing lean projects in a manufacturing or distribution environment, and have the ability to travel frequently, they want to hear from you!
Some of the benefits of this great opportunity:
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits starting day 1 – Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and wellness program.
- Scholarship program for dependents of employees.
- Advancement opportunities – If you are looking for a company where you can stay for the long term, this is it! The company loves to promote from within and offers many opportunities to move up into higher roles if desired.
- KeHE Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – A company-funded benefit that provides company stock ownership to employees. It protects the company from the day-to-day volatility of the stock market and instills in employees a vested interest in the current and future successes of the company.
- Certified B Corporation – KeHE is one of 2,300 companies worldwide redefining success in business by voluntarily meeting higher standards of transparency, accountability and performance. B means Benefit. They met rigorous requirements in areas including governance, transparency, ownership, workers, job growth, compensation, work environment, employee ownership and more, and they’re proud of what it means to sport the B Corp stamp of approval.
- A culture of giving – KeHE people put their hearts where their hands are! Their faith-friendly, people-first culture is built around caring and helping others. Their employee owners serve in local soup kitchens, create healthy meal kits for the hungry, build and repair homes, collect relief supplies and much more though the KeHE Cares program.
Must be able to work for any US employer.
- Business process management, development, optimization and sustainability through the collaborative design of business processes.
- Synthesizes and communicates findings and recommendations to business and process leaders.
- Contributes to the toolset used by the process improvement team based on experience and project findings.
- Contribute actively to network of process improvement professionals within the enterprise.
- Business process management, development, optimization, and sustainability through the collaborative design of business processes.
- Collaboratively manages the associated implementation plan, metrics, controls, and technology requirements with key stakeholders.
- Engage with DC Leaders to discover inefficiencies in day to day operations to eliminate waste from the production and distribution process.
- Identify best practices and implement standard processes.
- Drive change to ensure projects meet objectives.
- Lead and drive projects, including the implementation of JDA WLM (Labor Management System, LMS).
- Develop and maintain key operational metrics and reporting.
- Maintain a Labor Management Systems Program, including the following:
- Identify & implement improvements in preferred methods, procedures, equipment, or workflow.
- Conduct supervisor and employee meetings to review enhancements to procedures, equipment, and/or standards.
- Maintain LMS by ensuring any changes to existing standards or new standards are accurate.
- Maintain complete records of time studies or other data used to change standards.
- Train personnel on reporting tools, preferred methods, and observation methods.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to break a problem or opportunity down into sub-components; identify root causes and drivers; use creative thinking skills in developing alternative solutions.
- Strong communication skills; develop and articulate (written and verbal) data/process analysis, and alternative solutions.
- Ability to lead others to a consensus and influence change.
- Capable of collecting and validating relevant business/operating information.
- Comfortable working in a team environment, displays a customer-focused approach, seeks continuous improvement in serving internal and external customers.
- Ability to develop and present return on investment (ROI) within any given project.
- Must be comfortable and effective with communicating with hourly employees and winning their confidence.
- Will lead and design training programs.
- Will assist in creation and maintenance of SOP’s.
About the Company: KeHE Distributors is one of the oldest and most respected specialty, fresh and natural & organic wholesale foods distributors in the industry. Founded in 1953 and converted into an employee-owned company in 2001, they are a state-of-the-art organization of 5,500 employee-owners and a vast 15 centers within their distribution network across the U.S. and Canada.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.