Viant, a leading manufacturer of medical devices, is looking for 2nd & 3rd Shift CNC Machinists to join their Fort Wayne team. Imagine making surgical devices, bone plates, and bone screws used by medical professionals around the world. Enjoy making a difference by producing products that will help enhance and save lives.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Attractive Compensation package
- Benefits package available day 1, that includes: medical, dental, vision and 401(k) with company match. 401(k) available after 90 days
- 3.5 weeks paid time off and 10 paid holidays
- Greater stability – Viant has doubled in size and is investing heavily in their facilities
- 80,000 sq. ft.
- 23 CNC Swiss machines; 3-, 4-, & 5-axis CNC turning centers; 3 CNC multiturret turning centers
- FDA registered; ISO 13485, CMDCAS, MDD certified
- Cellular environment
- CNC turning & milling
- Wire EDM
- Laser etching
- Laser & TIG welding
- Mass finishing
- Ultrasonic cleaning
- Rapid prototyping (metal/plastic)
If you have the following, Viant wants to hear from you:
- Proven machine shop experience in all phases of CNC machining.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Please click Apply or email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the company: With over 35 years of medical device molding experience, Viant has become a comprehensive solutions provider for single use medical devices. Services range from concept and design of components to assembly of finished products. They are headquartered in Foxborough, MA and operate 17 manufacturing facilities in the US, with additional locations in China, Mexico, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, France, Germany and the UK.
- Adheres to all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Operates and sets up complex CNC shop equipment which may include multi axis and/or multi spindle equipment.
- Ability to simultaneously operate more than one machine as required.
- Sharpens and changes tooling as needed to maintain tolerances, may give input or recommendations.
- Makes adjustments and monitors assigned equipment to ensure dimensional part integrity.
- May train and mentor team members, make recommendations and communicate observations to management and engineering.
- Inspects parts visually and dimensionally.
- Deburrs, buffs or sands parts to meet requirements to print specifications.
- Verifies the revision level for current operations.
- Verifies documentation and accuracy of completed operations.
- Inspects parts visually and dimensionally using inspection equipment and techniques to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Troubleshoots and corrects problems in a timely manner.
- Maintains tooling working in very close tolerances. Makes offsets when necessary to conform to print specifications.
- Aware of tool life and guidelines, brings attention to appropriate channels when changes need to occur.
- Required to follow quality procedures to ensure traceability and segregation of materials as required.
- Completes all applicable documentation for current operations.
- Practices 5S principles on a daily basis
- Performs preventative machine maintenance as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.