Viant, a leading manufacturer of medical devices, is looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join their Chicopee, MA team. This is a role that has overall responsibility for a wide range of HR generalist activities including: employee relations, training, compliance with corporate and local policies and procedures, workers compensation, compensation, recruitment, interfacing with temporary agencies to provide contract labor as required and supporting management in planning labor requirements or other personnel issues.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package (starting day 1) that includes: medical, dental, vision and 401(k) with company match (401k after 90 days)
- Paid time off and holidays
- Greater stability – Viant recently doubled in size and is investing heavily in their facilities
- College degree or equivalent preferred, related experience and coursework applicable to Human Resource Management a plus
- 3+ years of HR experience, with an emphasis on employee relations and recruitment
Please click Apply or email your information to: email@example.com
- Updates and maintains employee files, processes various forms and requests, prepares reports and provides information to employees regarding established HR programs, policies and procedures.
- Reviews and updates bi-weekly payroll time records. Works closely with the corporate payroll/HR department to ensure timely and accurate payments to employees.
- Assists in benefit communications by answering employee questions and directing employees to the appropriate 3rd parties. Also assists with other periodic communications.
- Works directly with employees on benefits and employee change notices and coordinates with the corporate payroll/HR group to ensure timely and accurate processing of the requests.
- Partner with corporate Human Resources with job offers, promotions, and periodic internal/external salary market reviews.
- Researches compliance with regulatory agency requirements and provides input to Corporate Human Resources.
- Respond and investigate all employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
- Ensures that human resources policies, procedures and programs are being met, and makes recommendations for improvement when needed.
- Provides administrative support for all phases of work force planning, employee movement including new hires, temporary staffing, transfers, and exits.
- Assists in talent acquisition and recruitment processes.
- Conducts employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives.
- Coach and support management through a variety of HR related focus areas: recruitment, employee on-boarding, succession planning, employee development, performance management, etc.
- Oversee strategic workforce planning by tracking and monitoring trends in attrition, headcount, and succession plans and providing recommendations and solutions for gaps.
- Performs periodic audits of HR programs to ensure accuracy and integrity of data.
- Maintains and reports HR metrics as directed by the General Manager.
- Participates on special projects as requested by the General Manager and Corporate Human Resources.
- Identify and lead continuous improvement projects.
About the company: With over 35 years of medical device molding experience, Viant has become a comprehensive solutions provider for single use medical devices. Services range from concept and design of components to assembly of finished products. They are headquartered in Foxborough, MA and operate 17 manufacturing facilities in the US, with additional locations in China, Mexico, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, France, Germany and the UK.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.