Imagine leveraging your CAPA expertise and advancing in your career with the #2 contract manufacturer for medical devices in the world. Experience a winning combination of a climate controlled state of the art facility, in demand products, as well as a strong, stable supply base. This is a huge career opportunity for someone that wants to take ownership of and grow the department.
Viant is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to join their world class Laconia, NH team. The primary purpose of this position is to develop the risk-based supplier management process, lead the critical supplier-related projects, and support daily supplier non-conformances and requests for change.
Relocation assistance may be available for a well-qualified candidate. Laconia offers a great quality of living with the convenience of living in city combined with a small town feel. It offers outstanding outdoor activities in addition to great shops and fun local events.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Competitive compensation
- Stability – Viant continues to grow while the Laconia facility experience 20-30% growth year after year
- Very clean, well lit and climate controlled facility
- Benefits package (starting day 1) that includes: medical, dental, vision and 401(k) with company match (401k after 90 days)
- Paid time off and holidays
Qualified candidates must have:
- Associate's Degree
- Experience with corrective and preventive action (CAPA or DMAIC)
- Statistical knowledge and experience with trend analysis
Please click Apply or email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adheres to Viant Values and all safety and quality requirements.
- Quality representative for Supplier Quality activities, both troubleshooting Supplier-CAPA and continuous improvement initiatives (inclusive of Inspection and sampling reduction projects).
- Develop, maintain and improve the supplier management program while assuring alignment and supporting Viant Medical Supply Chain Organization initiatives and policies
- Determine strategies for continuous improvement in supplier quality and supply chain metrics and report plans/updates during Management Reviews
- Manages supplier corrective action system (investigation, documentation and implementation of corrective action and the verification of their effectiveness)
- Design and/or specify inspection methods, tools and test equipment to ensure product quality and design integrity are appropriately maintained. Also implements appropriate inspection sampling plans using statistical methods.
- Manages the supplier requests for product and process changes
- Review and approve changes to supplier related documents (procedures, drawings, etc)
- Perform component qualifications, risk assessments and first article inspections (as required) prior to the supplier implementing and /or performing the change.
- Participate in suppliers design review, product validation design verification, Risk Management plans/reports (dFMEA, pFMEA)
- Perform risk analysis for existing and new raw materials/components
- Develop and conduct statistically designed experiments to determine sources of materials/ component variability so the product quality is maintained or improved
- Assist with Supplier Transfer projects from planning stage through qualification.
- Monitor and assure Viant supply chain activity and procedure set is compliant to applicable sections of FDA quality system regulation and ISO 13485 regulation.
- Performs other functions as required.
Highlights of the facility:
- 41,000 sq. ft.
- 8,000 sq. ft. ISO Class 8 clean room
- 4 Swiss machines, 3 wire EDM, 4 multiaxis CNC mills
- FDA registered; ISO 13485 certified
- Complex Finished Goods assembly
- CNC machining
- Laser processing
- Packaging and labeling
About the company: With over 35 years of medical device molding experience, Viant has become a comprehensive solutions provider for single use medical devices. Services range from concept and design of components to assembly of finished products. They are headquartered in Foxborough, MA and operate 17 manufacturing facilities in the US, with additional locations in China, Mexico, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, France, Germany and the UK.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.