Viant, a leading manufacturer of medical devices, is looking for a Continuous Improvement Leader to join their Laconia, NH team.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package (starting day 1) that includes: medical, dental, vision and 401(k) with company match (401k after 90 days)
- Paid time off and holidays
- Greater stability – Viant recently doubled in size and is investing heavily in their facilities
- 41,000 sq. ft.
- 8,000 sq. ft. ISO Class 8 clean room
- 4 Swiss machines, 3 wire EDM, 4 multiaxis CNC mills
- FDA registered; ISO 13485 certified
- Complex Finished Goods assembly
- CNC machining
- Laser processing
- Packaging and labeling
- Bachelor’s Degree degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology or Business
- 5+ years of experience in deployment of Lean Manufacturing
- Demonstrated knowledge of all applicable Federal, State, and Local regulations for EHS
- 3+ years of management or supervision experience a plus
Please click Apply or email your information to: email@example.com
Provide leadership, training and support to the Site in an effort to achieve “Best-in-Class” performance by eliminating waste in all manufacturing and business processes, radically improving cycle times to our customers and creating an environment focused on continuous improvement. This position will also be responsible for the Environmental, Health and Safety of the facility.
Continuous Improvement Responsibilities
- Lead the training of the site in Lean Enterprise principles, ensuring solid working knowledge of how to apply these tools & techniques to achieve process improvements in the manufacturing & office environment
- Perform facility-wide training in Lean Manufacturing tools, including the use of Kaizen events, Value-Stream Mapping, Single-Piece Flow, TPM, Setup Reduction, 5S, Kanban, etc. Apply a “train the trainer” approach to progressively educate managers, supervisors and cell leaders to conduct independent Lean initiatives.
- Develop and deploy the annual facility Continuous Improvement Plan, consistent with the Hoshin Planning cycle and Corporate Continuous Improvement Plan
- Lead the delivery of significant, quantifiable, annualized cost savings. Take accountability for the success of identified cost reduction. Drive cost reduction efforts through cycle time reduction, process improvement, setup reduction, etc.
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes through the use of Lean Sigma. Drive the development of product flow and make recommendations on the efficient lay-out of the manufacturing floor and track the resulting benefit of those implemented changes
- Lead the Site deployment of hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly metrics, ensuring that collection and monitoring of this information is meaningful in the identification of areas requiring process improvement or corrective action.
- Lead problem solving efforts both internally and externally, working closely with customers and QA on internal and external corrective and preventive actions
- Partner with Supply Chain Management in the development of partnerships with suppliers and maximizing the use of VMI programs, Kanbans, and consignment inventory with key customers
- Drive six sigma process improvement methodologies as the facility wide “thinking tool.” Be the facility wide champion for data based decision making
- Lead the training of the workforce in Six Sigma tools & techniques to ensure all associates are capable of participating in a process improvement project team
- Assist QA with process capability validation, the implementation and qualification of new equipment (i.e. new machines, automation) and the certification of primary and secondary processes using statistical methods, capability studies, etc.
- Assist Finance in tracking the financial impact and benefits of Lean and Six Sigma initiatives, establishing metrics consistent with Lean Thinking
Environmental, Health & Safety Coordinator Responsibilities
- Implement effective instructions to successfully develop a safety program to include health and safety activities.
- Develop written reports and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Federal, State, and Local regulations governing agencies by implementing related programs at the site level and oversee training, record keeping and reporting requirements.
- Responsible for OSHA logs, safety audits and safety committee and workers compensation cases.
- Participate in incident investigations, root cause analysis, development of corrective and preventative actions, and evaluation of their effectiveness.
- Interact with employees at all levels to foster a proactive safety culture based on prevention.
- Keep informed of and be able to interpret laws and standards dealing with employee risk reduction in the industry and injury/illness recordkeeping requirements.
- Act as the eyes, ears and “conscience” of top management where employee safety and health are concerned.
- Keep top management advised of all significant safety and health developments, including the status and results of hazard evaluations, inspections, and accident investigations, and any serious problems or deficiencies in the overall safety and health program.
- Conduct a hazard analysis that includes hazard detection and plans from prevention or control whenever new equipment, facilities or material are designed, purchases or used and whenever new processes are designed.
About the company: With over 35 years of medical device molding experience, Viant, formerly known as MedPlast, has become a comprehensive solutions provider for single use medical devices. Services range from concept and design of components to assembly of finished products. They are headquartered in Foxborough, MA and operate 17 manufacturing facilities in the US, with additional locations in China, Mexico, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, France, Germany and the UK.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.