Are you ready to put down your wrench and take your vehicle maintenance experience to the next level? This is a fantastic career opportunity with Valley Proteins where you can make a real impact leading and motivating a team of mechanics focused on vehicle safety.
We are looking for a Truck Shop Manager to join our Ward, SC team. Leverage your leadership skills, technical abilities, and knowledge of DOT regulations in a rewarding role overseeing the maintenance of a fleet of straight trucks and tractor trailer units.
Why Vehicle Maintenance professionals join our team:
- Competitive pay
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards healthcare
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Career growth – We will help you maintain your current certifications and obtain any new relevant certifications
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- 2+ years of experience in vehicle inspection, diagnostics, service and preventative maintenance
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office and computerize maintenance systems
- Experience in SAP software preferred but not required
- 2+ years of management experience
- Excellent communication and people skills
- A CDL license and/or inspection license is preferred but not required
- Assess repairs and delegates work assignments to mechanics
- Maintenance of all vehicle equipment in an effort to maximize productivity
- Effective use of equipment to minimize vehicle downtime
- Oversee the regular maintenance and service of straight trucks and tractor trailer units by performing repairs and maintenance to meet DOT standards
- Follow up on work in progress to completion
- Assess jobs and ensures parts are available
- Ensure mechanics are working safely
- Review equipment after repairs for proper operation and safety
- Maintain open communication with all departments to ensure equipment is operating properly and serviced correctly
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.