Are you a hands-on leader that is passionate about production quality? Take advantage of this career with Valley Proteins, an established, successful organization will provide you with a greater sense of accomplishment and room to grow.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join our Linkwood, MD team. Enjoy leading a team that shares your commitment to quality and is responsible for ensuring that the ingredients and nutrients produced for feed and pet foods are of the highest quality.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Above average compensation, including bonus potential ($75,000-$85,000/year, commensurate with experience)
- Great benefits – Including medical, dental, vision, health savings account with company contribution, 401k with matching, profit sharing, paid time off.
- Advancement opportunities – Advancement is always possible here. The company is always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles.
- Quality impact – Make a positive impact on the quality of our finished products and feel good about what you are doing! You are helping to recycle useful by-products that would normally go into the landfill by converting them into valuable finished products that our customers need.
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- 3+ years of experience as a Quality Assurance Manager in a food or feed production facility.
- Experienced in developing HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) and Food Safety Plans.
- Familiar with preventive controls and FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) programs.
- PCQI (Preventive Controls Qualified Individual) trained in either Food or Feed.
- Experience in monitoring pest control and sanitation activities in a food/feed production facility.
- Experience in writing standard operating procedures for a food/feed production facility.
- Experience in writing reports and trending analytical data.
- Problem solving skills and experience in training and implementing programs.
- Has experience working with customers and regulatory agencies (audits, complaints, documentation requirements).
- Third party certification audit experience, preferably SQF (Safe Quality Food).
- Laboratory management experience.
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.