Viant, a leading manufacturer of medical devices, is looking for a Molding Operations Manager to join their team. This is a remote position where you can choose to work from home or at one of Viant’s 17 U.S. facilities.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision and 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Greater stability – Viant recently doubled in size and is investing heavily in their facilities
- Engineering or technical degree
- Proven molding/mold tooling experience
- Customer facing experience in product development or managing product life cycle/portfolio
- Willingness and ability to travel 50%
- LSR/LIM experience is a plus
- Experience with in mold assembly and other alternative technology approaches such as RIAS, PIAS, MAUS, and MAIS is preferred
Please click Apply or email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunity qualification/customer project scoping
- Understanding the end product & application, project and what customer is trying to accomplish
- Project outcomes, cost constraints, launch timing and ramp schedule/fc
- Determining opportunity “fit” vs capabilities/strengths
- Helping define the best solution for the customer
- Partner to Sales and Commercial Dev Teams, bridge between customer and Global Tooling group
New Product Launches
- Where is the product in the development cycle?
- How frozen is the design? How many pre-development design iterations have occurred?
- Pre-production tooling strategy - speed vs economics
- Protomold? Mud tooling? Good enough for pre-production?
- Bridge tooling approach?
New but Design Frozen, or Next Gen with “incremental” change to Existing
- Weigh economics, resin cost, complexity, technical constraints v options
- Single v multi-cavity, 1v2 shot, hot runner, etc
- Tooling source
- Price v time, domestic v off-shore
- Complexity and risk
- Amount of expected grooming, difficulty of set-up
- Injection v insert?
- Understand current molding approach in place
- Transfer strategy – as is, new tools and/or new strategy, risk mitigation needed?
- Hybrid approach (existing + new tool)?
Manufacturing Strategy for Opportunities
- Partner with Sales/TS/Ops to develop overall product manufacturing strategy if more than component level (e.g. assembly)
- Determine best fit site(s) for product manufacturing and technical support of product/customer needs
- Understand different types of equipment & capacity within the network vs customer project needs
- Make v outsource?
- Assist with customer dialogue during qualification, proposal development and proposal delivery – lead technical discussions
- Attend critical customer meetings both at the customer and production sites
Keep up with latest technologies
- Molding & molding-related automation, in-mold assembly, etc
- Alternate manufacturing methods (additive, etc)
- Attend technology conferences and trade fairs (e.g. K Trade Fair – Dusseldorf)
About the company: With over 35 years of medical device molding experience, Viant, formerly known as MedPlast, has become a comprehensive solutions provider for single use medical devices. Services range from concept and design of components to assembly of finished products. They are headquartered in Foxborough, MA and operate 17 manufacturing facilities in the US, with additional locations in China, Mexico, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, France, Germany and the UK.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.