Viant, a leading manufacturer of medical devices, is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their Fremont, CA team.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision and 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Greater stability – Viant recently doubled in size and is investing heavily in their facilities
- 51,000 sq. ft.
- Class 8 clean room
- 30 molding presses (19 tons – 300 tons)
- FDA Registered, ISO 13485 certified, cGMP compliant
- Injection molding
- Value-added services: automated assembly, pad printing, heat staking, sonic welding, parts annealing, UV bonding
- Materials expertise
- Design support
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering field (Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering preferred)
- Experience working on the actual molds in the tooling part of plastic injection molding, taking apart and adjusting molds on a regular basis
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a medium/high volume manufacturing environment (injection molding, assembly, etc.)
- Knowledge of statistical techniques (design of experiments, measurement R&R, and statistical process control)
Please click Apply or email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Design and develop new molds, molding processes, techniques, process improvements and cost reductions.
- Perform data analysis and/or write progress reports on existing manufacturing processes to ensure performance is within expectations.
- Perform analysis on customer returns to determine root cause of failures or complaints.
- Procure new equipment and necessary training as required.
- Repair or arrange for repair of equipment or facilities in the manufacturing area as required.
- Lead activities of Process Technicians and in support of assigned projects.
- Provide process and/or equipment training to process technicians and operators as required.
- Develop strategic supplier relationships as appropriate.
- Responsible for new process implementation and current production process improvement / optimization.
- Develops and runs operational qualifications and documents these processes.
- Monitors all assembly operations, tracking efficiency and potential issues.
- Identifying and analyzing of flows, layout, and workplaces.
- Troubleshooting (root cause analysis) and solving equipment and process issues.
- Will be "hands-on" technical support for operations and will train all personnel associated with the maintenance, training, and other areas of the injection molding and assembly room departments.
- Works closely with Production Supervisors and Technical Team members, and will be in a position to influence others in regards to production strategy and decisions.
- Manages project budgets and timelines.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
About the company: With over 35 years of medical device molding experience, Viant, formerly known as MedPlast, has become a comprehensive solutions provider for single use medical devices. Services range from concept and design of components to assembly of finished products. They are headquartered in Foxborough, MA and operate 17 manufacturing facilities in the US, with additional locations in China, Mexico, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, France, Germany and the UK.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.