Viant, a leading manufacturer of medical devices, is looking for a Group Leader for their Westfield, PA facility. This is a critical role responsible for responsible for facilitating training, scheduling, and evaluating manufacturing and assembly operators, operator leads, and assigned staff.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision and 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Greater stability – Viant recently doubled in size and is investing heavily in their facilities
- 72,000 sq. ft.
- Class 7 and 8 clean rooms
- 63 molding presses (55 tons – 385 tons)
- ISO 13485 certified, ISO 9001
- Molding: multicomponent, over, insert, two-shot
- Product assembly and packaging
- Dedicated automation cells
- Specializing in round, clear, high-volume parts
- Experience with an ERP system
- Proven track record in leading manufacturing and assembly teams
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
Please click Apply or email your information to: email@example.com
- Make decisions regarding job assignments and work priorities.
- Complete change-over’s, processing and monitoring of presses.
- Resolve shift staffing issues and ensure that production schedule requirements are met.
- Provide leadership and direction to associates to continuously improve quality, reduce waste, increase throughput and maintain morale.
- Provide performance coaching and counseling of individuals for unacceptable performance issues relating to safety, quality and productivity.
- Track and report violations of company policy and HR issues to Supervisors and/or HR Department
- Ensure the shift strictly maintains established quality standards, overall productivity and production efficiencies so that they meet or exceed Client and Company expectations.
- Approve employee’s PTO requests and hours worked for timely and accurate payroll tracking
- Participate in daily GEMBA and scrap walks.
- Review, instruct and oversee the responsibilities outlined in the Operator and Operator Lead job
About the company: With over 35 years of medical device molding experience, Viant, formerly known as MedPlast, has become a comprehensive solutions provider for single use medical devices. Services range from concept and design of components to assembly of finished products. They are headquartered in Foxborough, MA and operate 17 manufacturing facilities in the US, with additional locations in China, Mexico, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, France, Germany and the UK.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.