Viant, a leading manufacturer of medical devices, is looking for a Senior Director Sourcing and Procurement to join their world class team. This is a critical role that can be based anywhere in the US and will build and responsible for building and leading their procurement and strategic sourcing function as they look to leverage their scale and combined spend from recent acquisitions. This position requires frequent travel 50%+.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision and 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Greater stability – Viant recently doubled in size and is investing heavily in their facilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or related
- 12+ years of purchasing/planning experience
- Advanced working knowledge and experience with ERP and MRP systems
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills
Please click Apply or email your information directly to Viant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential Job Functions:
- Implement sourcing and procurement strategy for all Viant sites to align and support company’s financial and growth strategies.
- Develop strategic supplier negotiations to accomplish cost reduction targets direct and indirect materials.
- Ensures supplier performance evaluations and improvement plans are executed.
- Works with vendors to increase service levels decreasing inventory levels and overall costs.
- Evaluates opportunities, create and implement solutions, and facilitate a metrics program to measure improvement of the purchasing and logistics functions.
- Works with customers and manufacturing sites to develop and implement plans for alternate sourced components through our VIP program.
- Works with business units to develop and implement plans for component cost reductions, quality improvement and lead time reduction.
- Ensure supply agreements and contracts are maintained.
- Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. compliance with FDA, ISO, EEO regulations, RoHs and Environmental, etc.). Complies with QRS, ISO and all applicable regulations and company procedures.
- Supports quoting process for new business.
About the company: With over 35 years of medical device molding experience, Viant, formerly known as MedPlast, has become a comprehensive solutions provider for single use medical devices. Services range from concept and design of components to assembly of finished products. They are headquartered in Foxborough, MA and operate 17 manufacturing facilities in the US, with additional locations in China, Mexico, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, France, Germany and the UK.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.