Viant, a leading manufacturer of medical devices, is looking for a Tooling Engineer for their South Plainfield, NJ facility.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision and 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Greater stability – Viant recently doubled in size and is investing heavily in their facilities
- 45,000 sq. ft.
- Class 8 clean rooms
- 33 molding presses (40 tons - 300 tons)
- FDA registered, ISO 13485 certified, cGMP compliant
- Tooling Center of Excellence
- Molding: two-shot, insert, over
- Complete device assembly & packaging
- Staples manufacturing
- Staples semi- and automated cartridge loading
- Pad printing
- UV/solvent/adhesive bonding, packaging, blister and pouching
- Electromechanical assembly
- Ultrasonic welding
- Statistical process control
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related plastics discipline or an equivalent combination of schooling and experience in a related discipline
- 6+years of experience in a molding environment, design, qualification, validation, building of molds, etc.
- A background in the design, purchase, and qualification of plastic injection molds
- A background in the design and development of technology based products from prototype to production with some concentration in medical devices
- 10,000+ hours of design experience with a 3D CAD package, SolidWorks preferred
- Mold design and layout experience
- Tool making knowledge and/or experience
- Experience with interpretation of MoldFlow, and/or related computer simulation software as evaluation tools for mold development and troubleshooting
- Ability to interrogate and critique both part and mold designs in 2D and 3D formats and communicate complicated mechanical concepts with Microsoft Power Point.
- Familiarity with the use and implementation of standard manufacturing quality principles (SPC, SQC, DOEs, 5S, Lean Manufacturing)
- Proficiency with MS Office software suites (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent communication and record-keeping skills
Please click Apply or email your information to: email@example.com
- Contracting of large tooling programs with foreign and domestic fabricators for complex medical devices
- Project management of mold builds
- Engineering communication with tooling vendors both foreign and domestic
- Design for manufacturing (DFM) analysis of plastic parts & assembly
- Vendor submitted mold designs to ensure conformance to Viant specifications
- Design confirmation with vendor and Viant factory of part measurement fixtures for qualification
- Design confirmation with vendor and Viant factory for End of Arm Tooling
- Tooling qualification and development at the fabrication site
- Impact to tooling from molding process characterization (DOE)
- Tooling quotation and budgetary estimation
- Engineering support for business development
- Tooling support for validation at target factory location
- Modification and repairs to existing injection molds
- Other related projects and tasks as assigned.
- Travel to visit mold fabricators both foreign and domestic
- Travel to various Viant facilities
About the company: With over 35 years of medical device molding experience, Viant, formerly known as MedPlast, has become a comprehensive solutions provider for single use medical devices. Services range from concept and design of components to assembly of finished products. They are headquartered in Foxborough, MA and operate 17 manufacturing facilities in the US, with additional locations in China, Mexico, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, France, Germany and the UK.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.